The National University of Vanuatu’s Diploma program in Climate Resilience & Humanitarian Action (CRHA) is uniquely designed to address the climate change challenges and the training needs of Vanuatu. Using an interdisciplinary approach fully aligned with national and regional plans, the CRHA Diploma program provides Vanuatu professionals and students with much-needed skills in climate change, in humanitarian action, and in climate policy and law.
Students can enter the program beginning March 1 by enrolling in the Professional Certificate in Climate Resilience and Humanitarian Action. This is a set of 4 courses that serve as the core of all NUV CRHA diploma programs, providing key skills in Climate Resilience, Climate Change, Humanitarian Action, and Vanuatu/Pacific Economics, Politics and Culture.
The academic skills component will be offered in the second semester of 2023. Where applicable, students may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning, covering courses taken elsewhere or other related experience. Students entering with a Certificate IV from VIT may request a waiving of CRHA 102.
Upon completion of the Diploma, students can seamlessly progress to any of the Advanced CRHA Diplomas.
Main subjects covered
Diploma in Climate Resilience and Humanitarian Action
Each course has a tuition fee of 40,000 vatu. Program fees vary with the number of courses in the program. The NUV has a small number of scholarships available, and students can also apply for scholarships through the Ministry of Education scholarship office
The admission process will open on 1 February 2023 with courses beginning on March 2023. If you plan to apply to one of the courses, you must follow the step below:
- Download the registration form on the website here
- Carefully read the information contained in this form
- Fill in your personal information accordingly
- Collect the required documents:
- Identity document (national ID card, driving license, VNPF card...)
- Birth certificate copy of your Baccalaureate degree, SPFSC or DAEU degree and your Result Slip
- Relevant transcripts
- Sign and date the application form
- Scan and send your application to
- Submit your tuition deposit of 20,000 vatu
Tel: (+678) 29 792